John F. Sturdy was a gold fill / plate jewelry manufacturer, established in 1865 in North Attleboro (sometimes spelled Attleborough) MA. His sons continued the business upon their father's retirement in 1892. The original Sturdy home is listed as part of the Attleborough Falls historical district.
Presented is an eleven hinged link bracelet with beautifully embossed / engraved metalwork, Each link is centered with a bezel set, faceted round faux sapphire. The glass stones are unfoiled and open backed. The bracelet is secured by a side pinch, push in box clasp.
The bracelet measures approximately 7 inches x 7/16 inch with a 1/4 inch profile or height. Blue stones are about 5 millimeters. Weight of the bracelet is 16.6 grams.
Condition is excellent antique. All links secure. All glass stones original with consistent blue color. Some stones do show some top wear, consistent with 100 plus years of appreciation. They continue to present beautifully. No chips, nicks, cracks or breaks to stones. No dents or improper bends to metalwork. Clasp strong and secure. No polishing done. Clean. No damage / no repairs. Excellent antique.
The bracelet is signed on the pinch tabs "JFSS" for John F. Sturdy & Sons. The marks are well worn, but can be deciphered on one of the tabs. Circa 1890-1910. Although the bracelet is not further stamped, JFSS manufactured gold fill / plate jewelry. We understand that gold fill / plate was not required to be marked by the Federal Government until the 1930s.
Add a century of beauty to your collection. From JFSS. At Cody's.
Please add $5.50 for shipping. Payment is due within five days of sale.
Thanks for taking a look.